The below process will allow you to increase the size of your ZFS volume. This must be done one drive at a time and assumes you have a working/production environment. You must have the same number of drives (in a larger size) that you are currently using in the volume.
This process will not work on a stripped volume. The volume must be mirrored or using a parity scheme (RAIDZ1, RAIDZ2 or RAIDZ3).
- Record serial numbers, drive names (under View Disks) and physical location of each drive in the storage device.
- Select Storage, Active Volumes and Scrub Volume. This process will take some time and is not required but recommended.
- Under Volume Status, select the first HD that you want to replace. Select Offline button at bottom. You will notice the drive status has changed to offline and the status of the Volume is degraded.
- Remove the offline HD. DO NOT remove more than the one offline drive!
- Replace with larger or equal capacity HD.
- Under View Disks, perform quick wipe of new HD.
- Under Volume Status, select the disk you want to replace. It will be in the same location as the drive you removed and have a long string on numbers for the name. Select Replace at bottom of screen.
- Select Storage, Active Volumes and Scrub Volume.
- New/increased volume size will be reflected.