APRS TigerTrak TM-1+ Settings
Activating the TM-1 Test ModeTest Mode is used to establish communications with the computer when new configurations are to be downloaded to the TM-1. It can also be used to transmit test packets for calibrating or troubleshooting your installation. To place the TM-1 in Test Mode, follow the steps below.
1. Remove power from the TM-1 and verify that both jumpers JP-1 and JP-2 are NOT INSTALLED. These jumpersmust be removed before attempting to enter Test Mode.
2. Press and hold the Mode button in.
3. While still depressing the Mode button, press and hold the Pwr button.
4. Release the Mode button and then release the Pwr button.
6. The TM-1 should now be in Test Mode. If the TM-1 is connected to a radio (squelch closed), then the radio should begin transmitting a test message continuously. If the TM-1 is connected to a computer running the Configuration Program, then the programs "TM-1 Status" display should change from "Disconnected" to "Connected" after a few seconds.
RECOMMENDED PATH: Throughout North America (and in many other regions) the recommended path for Mobiles or portable stations is now WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1. Fixed Stations (Homes, etc.) should normally use plain WIDE2-2 or less. This new protocol has caused the RELAY, WIDE path to become obsolete.
Recommended Path Settings for MOBILEs in North America, at least (VHF)
- WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 :Two hops in all directions and potential for fill-in digis. Best path for mobile use in most all areas.
- WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 :Three hops and potential for fill-in digis. Use only while needed if far from any mountain digis or cities.
Recommended Path Settings for FIXED stations in North America, at least (VHF)
- WIDE2-2 :Two hops, recommended max courteous routine for most areas. Best routine from home in most areas.
- WIDE3-3 :Three hops, only for very sparse areas far from any mountain digis or cities. Limited to one hop by many digis.