APRS Motorola MCS2000 & TigerTrak TM-1+
Interface Motorola MCS2000 & TigerTrak TM-1+ & Garmin GPS 16
TigerTrak TM-1+ RJ-11 Connector
Motorola MCS2000 Accessory Connector
Switched Battery Voltage 0.5 Amps Max (Output)
Microphone PTT (Input)
Flat/Filtered RX Audio 350 mV RMS @ 3KHz Deviation (Output)
Microphone Audio 80 mV RMS @ 3KHz Deviation (Input)
Ignition Control Input (Input)
- MCS2000 pin #1 & pin #2 must be connected for internal speaker to work.
- MCS2000 pin #4 & pin #9 must be connected at all times.
- Insert jumper JP1 – Provides power to Garmin GPS 16 on pin # 9 of DB-9 connector. Remember to remove this jumper prior to connecting TM-1+ to a computer for programming!
- Insert jumper JP2 – This will bypass the front power switch causing the unit to begin operating immediately when power is applied to pin B of the RJ-11 connector.
- Solder jumper from RJ-11 pin B (Inner leg of JP-3 jumper) to external power input. This will allow MCS2000 pin #14 to power TM-1+ and Garmin GPS 16.
- Adjust front level setting to full clockwise. You may need to increase accessory microphone gain in the Motorola software to obtain necessary deviation.
- If higher output level is required from TM-1+, replace R19 (factory set at 324K) with a value around 120K. R19 can be lowered down to 10K for a 1V P-P output into 600 ohms.